It is always advisable to make a custom thumbnail for your youtube videos. Because Making a quality video is not everything. In 2018 your youtube video thumbnail, title, meta description also play a significant role in getting more clicks and views. So you should always create a custom youtube thumbnail for your videos. Moreover, to make a youtube thumbnail impressive and attractive, there are so many important things that you should mind when creating a youtube thumbnail. For Example YouTube Thumbnail Size, Attractive colors, Person, bold text, and few more things.
You Can Use Photoshop or any other software to make a good looking thumbnail. What I do is, I have already prepared 2-3 Youtube Thumbnail templates, so that I don’t have to make it again and again.
In Simple Words, Your Video thumbnail and the title says 50% about the video, which makes the viewer click on Your video.
However, Today in this guide, I am going to talk about YouTube Thumbnail Size directly. Becuase YouTube Thumbnail Pixel Size is the essential and most important thing to know before creating a custom youtube thumbnail. If you will choose wrong Youtube Thumbnail Size, then your thumbnail will not be displayed correctly in the search and suggested videos.
What we will Learn
Adding Thumbnail to your Youtube Video
When you upload your Video on youtube, at that after the uploading process, Youtube generates three random thumbnails for your video. Moreover, you can choose any one of your choice. There is another option also for uploading a Custom thumbnail.
- Step 1– Sign in to YouTube account.
- Step 2– Then navigate to Creator Studio > Video Manager.
- Step 3– Next to the video, click Edit.
- Step 4– On the left of the preview screen, select any thumbnail.
- Step 5– Lastly Click on Save changes.
So these are steps for choosing the default thumbnails provided by the YouTube on your video.
What Is The Custom YouTube Thumbnail Size – 1280×720 pixel
Your custom youtube thumbnail image should be as big as possible because the image will further be used as the preview picture in the embedded player. Below Are some best Youtube Thumbnail Size, Extension, image size, etc.
- Youtube Thumbnail Size must have the 1280×720 resolution (with a minimum width of 640 pixels).
- You should upload youtube thumbnail image formats such as .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG.
- Your custom youtube thumbnail must be under the 2MB of size limit.
- Make sure your image has 16:9 aspect ratio as it is the most used in YouTube players and previews.
:- How to See Your Subscribers On YouTube – Step By Step Guide
Custom Thumbnail – How to change Thumbnail on Youtube
- Step 1– Go to Creator Studio > Video Manager.
- Step 2 – After that, Next to the video, click Edit.
- Step 3- On the right of the preview screen, click the Custom thumbnail button.
- Step 4– And then Upload a thumbnail.
- Step 5– After uploading Thumbnail, click Save changes.
So, I hope you will like this post and now you will be able to make perfect youtube thumbnail. And if you have any question or feedback, just comment below. And do not forget to share it with your YouTuber friends.